What Causes a Pipe Leak?
- Age- Over time your pipes will age and being to deteriorate. The material your pipes are made of can be indicative of the potential for life span. Galvanized pipes can become prone to rust and corrosion over time. If your home is older and has not had a re-pipe, your home may be at risk. Schedule a whole home plumbing inspection to determine if you have any potential problems that would cause a burst pipe or water leak.
- Chronic Leaks- Pin hole leaks are indicative of a deteriorating pipe system. These small leaks often go unnoticed wreaking havoc within your walls. Mold, water damage and larger pipe bursts can occur. A yearly plumbing inspection can check for pain points and potential leaks.
- High Water Pressure- We often hear from customers that the higher the water pressure the better. Excessively high-water pressure can damage or break your pipes. Years of water running through your pipes at a higher pressure can weaken the plumbing. Water leaks and pipe bursts can occur, not to mention damage to your water heater, fixtures and filtration systems.
- Frozen Pipes- In Georgia we don't see frozen pipes too often, but when the temps do consistently dip below 32° you are at risk of a burst pipe due to freezing. Keeping your faucets at a drip can help prevent pipe bursts. This is not always guaranteed. Turn off your water source and contact the experts at Guardian.
- Clogged Pipes- Tree roots, foods, toilet paper, grease and oils can clog your plumbing. This can increase your water pressure and cause pipes to burst. While some clogs are unseen, being cautious of what you send down the pipes is important in preventing damage.
Connect With Your Plumbing Experts
WHAT IS THE DIAGNOSTIC & ESTIMATE PROCESS OF WATER LINE REPAIRS?
Evaluation & Discovery
Rest assured, your final step is to schedule your fast repair and to get your home and life back to normal. Guardian's licensed plumbers take the appropriate steps to leave your home in better condition than when we arrived. Your plumbing expert will walk you through every step of thew way. Starting with scheduling, to dispatch notifications, and even tracking your team via GPS right to your door. You'll receive communication every step of the way and a follow up when we are completed with the work. We leave you with a generous labor warranty and peace of mind. 5 star service is the only way we know how to do business.