Top 5 Spring Tips for your HVAC System:
The costs involved in keeping you comfortable throughout the seasons is your single highest expense. As we enter the cooling season, making sure your system is running at its peak performance is key to keeping your energy costs down and keeping you cool. Fortunately, as a homeowner there are a number of quick tips that you can follow to make your HVAC system is up to par and will keep running throughout the hot Georgia summer.
If you follow these tips and add them to your yearly home maintenance routine, your wallet will thank you with reduced energy costs. Don’t discount the better air quality you’ll see as well!
- Change the Air Filter- This is the simplest and most effective way to improve your air quality and lower your energy costs. Some experts even say you can see a reduction as high as 15%! A clogged filter limits the air flow and causes your HVAC system to work harder. To reap the benefits of cost savings and cleaner air, set a repeating reminder in your calendar to change your air filter as recommended by the system manufacturer.
- Add a Smart Thermostat- With the technology age here and every aspect of our lives accessible at our fingertips, why would you not want to customize your comfort? A smart thermostat can reduce your energy costs and be catered to your family schedule. No sense in running your system while you are not home. Alert your HVAC system when you are on the way to lower the temperature to your comfortable level. Smart thermostats can also learn your schedule habits and program themselves based on your location. Plus they can provide you recommendations to save even more on energy costs and provide you with monthly summaries.
- Clean around your Outdoor Unit- Your outdoor unit pulls in air to control the set temperature inside your home. Having vegetation or items within a few feet of your unit can limit the air pull. Make sure to regularly inspect your outdoor unit, clear out any blockages and inspect the outside unit for any damage.
- Clear the Drain Line- If you are familiar with the location of your HVAC system drain line, it never hurts to take a quick look to make sure there is no potential blockages. If you’re not sure where it is or feel you may have an HVAC drain blockage, contact the experts at Guardian to service your unit.
- Schedule Preventative Maintenance- Having an expert evaluate your HVAC system before each heavy usage season is critical. To keep your system running without any HVAC breakdowns, a regular HVAC maintenance visit can isolate problem areas that may increase your energy costs or cause further damage. Just like your vehicle has regular oil changes, HVAC maintenance can extend the life of your system. Contact Guardian today to schedule your seasonal spring tune up. Consider joining our Shield Protection Plan which offers discounted maintenance, reminders, and a reduction in repairs.
Following these quick tips will make sure that your HVAC system stays breakdown free and your energy costs stay low. Taking care of your single most expensive mechanical piece in your home is crucial. The experts at Guardian Heating, Air, Plumbing & Electrical are always ready to Save your Day with their expert service. Schedule your seasonal maintenance today!